I need a new coat.
I don't need a new winter coat due to any especially "wintry" weather in Cincinnati (helloooo, 45 degrees. I love you too. Especially in February.), but when Noah shakes his head disapprovingly at me when I toss on my regular black wool coat, it's time to start obsessively going through Bluefly. The current coat is:
1) boring black wool
2) boxy and shapeless and unflattering
3) not that warm, really
4) far too short in the arms- it hits 3" above my wrists, which = cold air chapping my delicate forearms
5) eight years old
6) lined in the most beautiful, irridescent, vivid cobalt blue satin lining in the world
Of course, when I move out of the south, I'll also need to purchase a lovely down coat with hood (like this one, which I think C got in black for Christmas, and looks incredibly soft and warm and far too arctic-ready for Cincinnati temperatures). For now, though, I'm still planning for another winter in Cincinnati, and my old coat really does have to go. Things I would very much enjoy in a new coat:
1) single-breasted, please. I feel that anything double-breasted (other than a trenchcoat) makes me look square and awkward.
2) high-collared, preferably funnel-necked
3) wool or wool/cashmere blend, ideally with some serious insulated lining
4) rather nipped in at the waist, but without having to fumble with a belt
5) gorgeous lining, obviously
Some early contenders:
This Mackage coat- on sale!
A single-breasted peacoat style: nearly impossible to find.
Probably too trendy, but oooh, buckles!
It's boring, but well-insulated...
This one's only photograped in white, but oooh, eggplant is the other option.
Votes? Recommendations? Dear-god-don't-buy-that warnings?